Thứ Hai, 21 tháng 9, 2009

Photography Series: Jasmine Star


First up in the series, the one and only Jasmine Star! While she clearly needs no introduction, you might not know that Jasmine and her husband JD are High School sweethearts that were married in Hawaii. They chose David Jay as their photographer, who is also one of the most talented wedding photographers in the industry. The second picture below of her dress blowing in the wind is one of my favorites - such a classically beautiful image. Aside from graciously sharing her pictures, I asked Jasmine if she would be willing to share some advice with all of you and here is what she shared:

When I speak to clients, I am first and foremost a bride. I was a bride before I was a photographer, so my opinion is based from my personal experience. I chose to see JD before the ceremony on our wedding day and it was the best decision. Ever. Our wedding was small (25 people), but our First Look was the only chance we had to spend time alone on our wedding day. When we saw each other, it was if that moment was carved out just for us. Away from guests, details, and things that might have distracted our attention from the gravity of the moment. Just he and I ready to commit ourselves to each other.

Many brides worry about forsaking the moment the groom first sees his bride walk down the aisle, but I think it's just as special having seen JD before the ceremony, if not more. Because we saw each other before the ceremony, I was SO much more calm and relaxed. I descended the aisle looking at JD, but at the same time looking and my friends and family surrounding us, and appreciating the moment of my parents giving me away. It was as if I was truly in the moment, and not just focusing on the man at the end of the aisle.

Thank you so much Jasmine, for sharing some of your wedding pictures with us and for your advice! I'll be featuring another photographer in the series tomorrow, so stay tuned...






Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét