Thứ Năm, 1 tháng 10, 2009

How to Preserve Your Wedding Cake


I love a good tradition, so I planned to save the top tier of our wedding cake for our first anniversary. But if you really look at the picture, the top tier of that cake was huge! We shared some with family at brunch the morning after the wedding, gave some to my brother and sister-in-law to take home with them, and still had a lot left over. We didn't leave for our honeymoon until the Monday following the wedding so I had some cake for breakfast for a couple of days and then decided to freeze the wedge that was leftover.

If you follow me on twitter you'll know that took it out of the freezer for our anniversary last week and I am happy to report that it was still fabulous! So, since it was a success I thought I would share with all of you how we preserved our wedding cake.

Start by putting the cake (uncovered) in the freezer for an hour or two until the frosting becomes pretty firm. Then wrap the entire thing in several layers of saran wrap - I wrapped the entire cake at least six or seven times. Then cover the entire thing in a few layers of tin foil and put it into a ziploc freezer bag. That's it! I read that when you eventually take it out of the freezer its best to let it defrost in the refrigerator. So, that's the method we used and in about four hours it was ready to go. Here's the proof:

What do you think? Are you planning on saving the top tier of your wedding cake?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét