Thứ Bảy, 13 tháng 11, 2010

A Pumpkin Bird Feeder Project and a craft book for the kids



Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all having a great weekend!
I wanted to share my favorite kid's craft book with all of you today.
I bought this book, What Shall We do Today, at Lowe's last year for my kids.
It is one of those books that is filled with fun seasonal projects for the kids to do, and doesn't require you to have to run to the Craft Store for every project...

I wanted to share one of the pumpkin projects from the book with you.



All you need is a pumpkin, twine, bird seed, and a few pumpkin carving tools.



Cut the pumpkin in half and scrape out all of the seeds.


Fill it with bird seed....





We left this one sitting out on the table.


We hung this one in the tree.


The girls braided 3 pieces of twine together.
You tie two strands of braided twine around the tree and then add half of a pumpkin.


Fill it with bird seed.


And then you have a bird feeder.



This is a picture of last years bird feeder.


It really is a fun simple project to do with the kids.
The book is great for kids who love to be creative....
My daughter Bethany would love to do craft projects all day long...
I wanted to share another project my daughter Bethany just finished.
She recently saw the giraffe ornament at Anthropogie, and decided she wanted to
try and make her own.


Bethany formed a giraffe out of modeling clay,
and then glued strips of paper onto the mold.
She tore some pages out of a vintage book and then cut the pages into strips.


I thought it turned out so cute.

Bethany even made a collar for our corgi out of grain sack scraps the other day.
She sewed a large pearl button onto the collar to keep it fastened around her neck.
It is too cute.
I'll take a picture of it soon and share it with you.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend!
Take Care,
Maria

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét