Thứ Hai, 25 tháng 7, 2011

Blackberry Pie.....My Mom's Pie Crust Recipe...Facebook and Twitter


Hello,
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.
Well, I decided to sign up for facebook and twitter over the weekend.
I am a little nervous about this, but I think it will be a lot of fun....
KT Merry and Sara Roeder both convinced me to get signed up : ) .
My sister Liz, will be helping me run my  twitter and facebook accounts.
Liz does all of the sewing for my online shop, so she is very knowledgeable as to what is going on.

You can find me here on facebook
and you can find me here on twitter....

Now onto the blackberry pie recipe......
My sister, Monica shared the blackberry filling recipe with me....
I had planned to share this recipe last year and never got around to it...
We are in the middle of blackberry season here, so we picked some blackberries on the ranch to make blackberry pie.
We bake a lot of blackberry pies every summer....



I love this picture of my son Austin, I love that his little hands are stained with blackberry juice
and so are his lips : )


This is about the easiest recipe ever....
For the filling you need....

Blackberry Filling
1. Cup of Sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
4 Cups of Blackberries
1 TBL. butter
Mix all ingredients together and add to an unbaked pastry shell.

{I like to 1 1/2 times this recipe so I have plenty of filling for the pie)

The recipe for the pie crust is a recipe my mom has used ever since I can remember.
I have tried so many different pie recipes and really this one is my favorite.
I am from a family of 10 kids, so this recipe will make 6 single crust pastry shells....
so if you are making berry pies or fruit pies, where you need a bottom shell and a top layer, the recipe will 
make 3 berry pies....
You can adjust it according to your needs.
Even with having just five kids, I always make the full recipe.


Pie Crust

6 Cups of Flour
3 Cups of Butter
4 tsp. of salt
1 1/2 cups of water

Mix Flour and salt together
cut butter into the flour (until the mixture resembles corn meal)
add water
gently combine your flour and water together (just until dry ingredients are moistened)
divide into six sections, and refrigerate for at least two hours.

Add your berry mixture to your unbaked pastry shell....
Roll out another layer of dough and place over the top of the berries.
Pinch the two layers of dough together.
Be sure and cut in air pockets, and I also like to sprinkle a little sugar on the top of my crusts before putting them into the oven.

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes on 425....
I always loosely cover the edges of my pie crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
I take the foil off the last 5 minutes of baking.


My favorite dish to use for baking pies in is the Emile Henry brand.
I really love using their bakeware.
If you would like to read more about Emile Henry and why their bakeware is so special, you can do so by clicking here.



Do you have something you love to bake in the summertime? 
If so please feel free to link to a recipe from your blog in my comment section.


On another note...
We are headed to the fair this week.
I had to share a picture of Bethany with her steer from last year.
Bethany had grand champion 4-H steer last year.
I probably won't be back until next week.
an article about recycling architectural salvage.


On a final note.....
Jeanne is completely sold out of the camera bag....
One lucky winner will be getting the last camera bag, before Jeanne's new fall collection comes out.

I added a few new items to my shop over the weekend, but since we have the fair this week,
I won't be adding any new items until the beginning of next week.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Take Care,
Maria


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét