Thứ Năm, 12 tháng 4, 2012

A Favorite Pancake Recipe, Keeping The Table Simple, Spring


Hello,
I hope you are all having a great week!
I wanted to share my favorite pancake recipe with you....


It is adapted from my favorite breakfast cookbook 
by Kate Habershon

1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 TBL Sugar
1/2 teaspoons of salt
2 eggs, separated
3/4 cup of milk

Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
Mix egg yolks and milk together in a separate bowl.
Add the milk mixture to your dry ingredients, be sure and not over mix!
Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
Fold egg whites into batter.
Make sure you don't over mix the egg whites into your batter.
Over mixing your pancake batter will cause your pancakes to be chewy : (
I like to butter the grill before cooking my first batch of pancakes.
We have a Breville grill that I love to make pancakes on....
I also quadruple the recipe for our family of seven.


Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to fix....
It is about the only meal I feel like I can actually do an okay job at making :)


Growing up, almost every Sunday we would come home from Church and my mom would fix all of us a big breakfast.... It is one of those childhood memories I will always cherish.


My mom taught me to keep my table settings simple....
The food my mother made is always what was showcased on the table....
Here I set the table with vintage ironstone, a mix of vintage silverware,  and my favorite glasses, canning jars. 


 I used whatever ironstone I had to hold food items and for the pancakes I used this antique English breadboard.  I haven't ever seen one like it before.
I bought it from one of my favorite French importers.
It will eventually be put in the shop. : )


I like to keep grain sack runners on the table....


I especially love this gray striped runner.
The material is a beautiful creamy white color.

******************



I also wanted to share a few images of the yard, yesterday was such a beautiful spring day.
It had rained hard, and I thought it was so pretty outside after the rain stopped.
This is an image of the hydrangeas I planted in front of the house six or so years ago.
They will soon be blooming.


Here is a picture of the patio area.
We ate our Easter dinner on the patio, it was such a beautiful day.
I will get a better picture out here this summer.


I love english boxwood, I planted over a hundred boxwoods about six years ago.  They are finally starting to grow : )
 This area I have planted and replanted so many times....
My husband finally took over and planted the tree roses and the carpet roses.


We used the zinc pitcher filled with lilacs for our Easter dinner as well.
Lilacs bring back all kinds of childhood memories....
I have one lilac bush that is growing well, the other bush, hasn't grown an inch in the past six years.
You can read a post I did about lilacs last spring here...


I had to share this series of pictures I shot of my kids yesterday....
This is a picture of Bethany, Rambo (our great dane mastiff mix), and Dustan....
My husband was driving the Kubota down in the lower pasture, everyone including Rambo was anxious to join Thad in the field....


Dustan took off...



As soon as Bethany let go of Rambo, he took off on a mad dash to catch up with Dustan (Rambo is the blurry blob in the middle of the picture), Bethany was yelling at Dustan to wait for her.... Which Dustan wasn't about to wait for his sister. :)
Kind of a blurry picture, but I still love it.

**************
for opening a booth at the Doster Emporium, which is located at
If you are in the area be sure and stop by and say hi to sweet Laurie.
Laurie has all sorts of wonderful flea market finds and handmade items for sale...
Congratulations Laurie!

**********************

Enjoy the rest of your day!
I most likely won't be back blogging until the first part of May.
I have a few things I have to prepare for this month.
 I will  be getting a lot of new inventory in this month as well.  
Those items most likely won't be listed in the shop until the first week of May.

Take Care,
Maria

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét