This is such a great idea from one of our lovely sponsors, OneWed. This week OneWed's Wedding Pre-Party was launched, which marries (pun intended) wedding planning and social networking. Think of it as your own personal facebook - you can invite your wedding party and guests to chat, share wedding tips, post photos, and provide inspiration on everything from dresses to centerpieces all within a private environment! And the best part? It's free! Here are all the details:
- Invite-only access to the bride and groom's private, personalized wedding planning site. Privacy controls prevent the general public from viewing the content.
- Niche wedding planning social network where the wedding party and wedding guests chat with the bride and groom and offer wedding planning tips, advice, ideas, inspiration, styles of wedding dresses, photos and more, conveniently compiled and easily accessible in one virtual space.
- His & Hers status updates to share first-person feedback on the wedding planning process and playfully interact with participating guests. This blog-like platform essentially serves as an interactive online diary of wedding planning updated in real time.
- A personalized, interactive wedding checklist to help the bride and groom manage details with the option to add, subtract and edit tasks. Couples can also delegate items to other guests active on the site, who may be notified via email and Facebook updates.
- Access to the largest online directory of local and national wedding vendors, ratings and reviews directly from your personalized wedding planning social network.
- Photo albums of wedding pre-parties such as engagement showers, bachelor and bachelorette parties to which couples and guests can upload photos.
- Tools to build the bride and groom's public wedding website, including customized pages to welcome guests, share photos, tell the engagement story, post event details, update travel information, link to the registry and include honeymoon notes.