Thứ Ba, 28 tháng 9, 2010

Miss Mustard Seed~ A special guest

Hello Everyone,
I have a special guest today...
Marian always shares the best tutorials on her blog.... 
Thank you Marian, for sharing one of your fun tutorials on my blog today.
I will let Marian take it from here......

I am so excited to "have the floor" on Maria's lovely blog.  I was hooked on Dreamy Whites the first time I stopped by, so it's a pleasure to be a guest here, today. 

When Maria first asked me to share a fall decorating idea, I wasn't sure what I was going to do.  I generally don't decorate for fall.  I might put a few pumpkins, gourds and pine cones out, but I rarely make anything.    Using lumina pumpkins seemed like a no-brainer to me.  (This is for Dream Whites, after all.)  This led me to the idea of making a "grain sack" pumpkin.   


It's very simple and was under $10 for two pumpkins. 

First of all, wash and dry the pumpkins.  Apply a piece of low-tack painter's tape around the "equator" of the pumpkin.  


Using the tape as a guide, paint a thin stripe above and below it.  I used acrylic paint (midnight mixed with burnt umber), but you can use any paint you have on hand. 


With a 2.0 liner brush, paint initials, a date, or a seasonal word above the top line.  As a nod to "The Headless Horseman", I painted Ichabod on one and 10.31 (the date of Halloween) on the other.  If you're not comfortable with a brush, use a paint pen or Sharpie marker.  You could also use graphite transfer paper to trace text printed from a computer.


The look is subtle and sophistcated and it took me only about fifteen minutes for both.


I propped it on a pedestal and surrounded it by a small wreath of bittersweet. 


I hope this inspires you to get creative with your fall decor.  For more DIY and decorating inspiration, visit my blog. 

Thanks again for this opportunity, Maria!
Miss Mustard Seed

Don't you just love her...
Thank you Marian!
I just want to share a few things with you about the talented Marian....
 Marian owns a successful antiques and home decor business called Mustard Seed Interiors.

Marian just moved some of her wonderful creations into a new store in Walkersville, Maryland.  
The store is filled with all kinds of treasures.
She is always sharing ways to transform a simple piece of furniture into a piece of art on her blog.
We will soon see Marian sharing her tutorials over at HGTV.com...
Congratulations Marian...
You are an inspiration to us all.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét