Thứ Hai, 8 tháng 11, 2010

My Fall Mantle


Hello everyone!
I hope you are all having a great Monday.
I finally was able to upload more pictures to my blogger.
I have a number of fall ideas to share with you this week... I feel like I should have shared them
in October, not November, as I think everyone is now thinking about Christmas.
Sorry about that!  Maybe next year I will be a little more with the program. 
I thought I would share my fall mantle with you anyway....


For my fall mantle I basically just added some vintage french clay pots and some antique books, I was trying to make it feel like fall by adding some warmer colors to my mantle.  I actually have a large quantity of these clay pots, and you will probably be sick of them by the end of the week, because I used them in every fall decorating post.
I think they help add a little bit of warmth to the mantle.



I piled a few of them on top of my french compote dish (a flea market find).
I like to mix something delicate with something rustic.
I filled one of them with some little letters.
I grabbed some hydrangeas from the garden.


This little antique lamp remained on the mantle.
I am not sure where it was made, but it has the sweetest delicate painted porcelain flowers climbing up the little pole.






The W was already on the mantle.
It is a french zinc letter that is coated in porcelain.  
I chose that letter because it wasn't in perfect condition.


The bottles on the right are milk glass perfume bottles that say G. W. Laird Perfumer New York.
I actually found another pair of those at a flea market, and now regret passing them up.


The purple books are a grouping of french books that have been tied together with twine.
I used those to add a little bit color....
I used to have a green bucket sitting where the ironstone pitcher is.
If you look closely my kids spelled out the word Love with my little letters.
Try not to notice how crooked the #2 is on my clock : )


I found a bunch of these letters made out of plaster at a flea market.
They are so much fun to use around the house.
I threw them inside my little clay pots for fun....
I think numbers and letters help give a modern feel to a room...
I could be wrong though...


I added this set of vintage books to the mantle, I chose this set  because of the pink page with the pretty monogram...

I was really hoping that they would have a grouping of french books, but they didn't.
So I found a bunch of antique french books at a used book store that I will be doing this to very soon.





I piled a few of my favorite red grain sacks on a bistro chair....
I should have used one of my white bistro chairs.... kind of a Christmas color combination... not fall...


topped with a rustic bar of soap and a few clay pots.



You can double click on images to see the full picture....My blog isn't set up yet to take extra large pictures...
so the right side is always partly cut off on the extra large pictures..... 




I just wanted to share a few paint colors with readers who are new to my blog....

The wall color of my living room is called Gray Pearl, a Martha Stewart color, from Lowe's....
Lowe's doesn't sell Martha Stewart colors anymore, but they should still have the formulas stored in their system.
I always use the Valspar Signature Paints, when I purchase paint from Lowe's.
Just a warning about this color... It can look more taupe then gray when painted in a room that doesn't have a lot of natural light coming into the room....

I painted my mantle a Benjamin Moore color, called wedding veil... I used a satin finish.

Hope you all have a great week!
Thank you for stopping by...
Take Care,
Maria

P.S.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét