Thứ Ba, 14 tháng 12, 2010

An All Girls Weekend in New York City


Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all having a great week!
I first need to apologize for being so absent lately.....
I found out December second that I was going to New York City.....
 I will hopefully be able to give you the details of why I went there very soon...
I haven't ever visited New York before... until last weekend.
We (two of my sisters and my two daughters) flew into New York City
December 9th and flew home December 12th.
I can't tell you how much fun we had.  I am so grateful that I got to spend that time with two of my sisters and my two daughters.....
It was a trip we will never forget.
We definitely didn't know what we were doing....
My sister said we will have to write a journal on what not to do for tourists.
That should give you an indication of how the trip kind of went....
I will spare you the details and just share some pictures with you.


This is Central Park in New York...
It was beautiful..... We really wanted to take a carriage ride, but we unfortunately couldn't all fit in one carriage.


The Plaza Hotel was beautiful.....
I just love the architecture in New York....


Here we are headed for Fifth Avenue....
It was slightly busy.....


On one side of the street you have the Plaza Hotel....


And directly across from the Plaza Hotel is the Apple Store.
The Apple store was so cool....
It stays open 24 hours a day.... and 365 days of the year.


The Christmas decorations were so neat.....
It was a real treat to be there during the Christmas Season.
I will be sharing pictures of the Christmas decorations in my next post....


Can you guess what store's window I took this picture of???
This store had the best Christmas Window Displays in New York, in my opinion that is....
The first one to guess the right store will get a little surprise from me in the mail.....
All you have to do is leave a comment stating what store's window you think this is a picture of.....
I'll let you know who the winner is in my next post...

I also wanted to introduce you to one of my sponsors who is from New York...
Elena Rosenberg who is the owner of the shop, Tickled Pink Knits....



Tickled Pink Knits  is fine handmade knit clothing and accessories designed and created by Elena Rosenberg in her New York-based studio. In her work, Elena uses luxurious materials, including natural fibers such as merino wool, alpaca, organic cotton, silk, and cashmere. Elena’s designs are elegant and modern, ranging from casual urban accessories to chic special occasion garments. Every piece is hand‐crafted one stitch at a time with special emphasis on form, texture, color, and construction. Elena invites you to discover the visual and tactile beauty of hand‐knit clothing and accessories and to explore the wide selection of ready‐made items as well as many custom‐made design possibilities.  Knitting patterns for select designs are available in her patterns shop - Atelier TPK Etsy


Elena's designs are really beautiful... I hope you get a chance to visit Elena's shop.

I will be back with some more pictures from our trip very soon.....
I have been gone so much this month... We just finally got our tree up...
I had so many Christmas ideas I wanted to share with all of you.....Hopefully I will still be able to share a few Christmas decorating ideas before Christmas is here... : )
Everything was put on hold because of the unexpected N.Y.C. trip....
I am really sorry for being so absent over the past couple of weeks.
Hope you all have a great Wednesday!
Take Care,
Maria 


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét