Thứ Tư, 28 tháng 9, 2011

Decorating for Fall with French Farmhouse Finds...Fall Projects for the Kids



Hello!
I hope you are all enjoying your week.
Fall has always been my favorite season...
I love to bring in small doses of bright colors during the autumn season, along with a few earth tones.
I thought I would share a few pictures of an area in my living room I decorated with a few colorful french farmhouse finds for fall.
Since I live in a newer modular home, I like to always use some sort of architectural 
piece on this particular wall in my living room.  I think architectural pieces are a great way to add instant character to a new home....
For fall I changed out the mirrored door for an antique french door...
I love how this door has natural wood showing through the creamy white paint...
I think it helps add some warmth to the room...


I added my favorite bright mustard colored french confit pot....

I set a french farm table in front of the door.

I paired a french drying rack with an alabaster lamp...



This is one of my favorite bottle drying racks.
I was told it is from the late 1800's... I love the shape of the legs.
These are great for holding your favorite mugs on....


I added a red striped grain sack to the table.
I love the color and texture of this particular grain sack.


My mom recently made this lampshade for me.
She used a scrap of linen I had left over from an antique french linen sheet.


I love how it turned out.
Thanks MOM!


I kept the same pillows on the couch.
{I get lots of inquiries about this particular fabric.
My sister actually made these pillows for me from French fabric that dates back to the late 1800's,
unfortunately I haven't ever found anymore of this particular fabric.}


I used the shutter and bistro chair to add a pop of apple green color to the space.


I wanted to use mostly french farmhouse items for this particular wall.
I did add some pumpkins and branches to other areas of my living room.


I added a few birch branches to one of my zinc tubs.
 I also added some manzanita branches amongst the birch branches for a little color.


I will share more pictures of my living room, once I am finished decorating it for fall.


On another note....
I wanted to share a fall project I did with the kids today.
I found this idea from the fall issue of 
You can subscribe to Heather Bullard's Newsletter for free, by visiting 


I loved this project that Heather Bullard shared in the newsletter.
I couldn't wait for the leaves to change so the kids and I could give it a try.
It is a project we can all do without running to the craft store....
All you need is a few red leaves, a hammer, and some scrap linen.


The kids had so much fun doing this project....


 I loved seeing what each one decided to create with their leaves.


My youngest son, Austin, decided to do something a little different...
He said it was a sunflower : )


We turned this piece of fabric into a small lavender pillow....
I will try and take a few pictures of what else we decided to create with their works of art.


On a final note...


It is another fun fall project to do with the kids.....
You can find out more about how to make the pumpkin bird feeder by visiting my blog...
I also shared this project on Yanet's blog, 3 Sunkissed Boys.
Thanks for having me Yanet!


There is also still time to enter my Cabbages and Roses Giveaway.
I promise I will share the cupcake and Italian cream soda recipes when I announce the winner....



I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week.
Take Care,
Maria


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét