Thứ Ba, 4 tháng 10, 2011

An Autumn Inspired French Farmhouse Table, French Heirloom Pumpkins, Vintage French Kindergarten Chair


Hello!
I hope you are all enjoying your week!
Today I wanted to share a lot of pictures with you I took over the weekend....
My husband surprised me with a new lens for my birthday.
I can't tell you how much I LOVE it.
I put together an autumn inspired table setting over the weekend.
I wanted to get one photographed before the first rain.


I set the table up under this beautiful oak tree.
My husband helped drag my props out to the field, and I think he thought I was nuts for picking a spot with thistles as a backdrop...
He grew up on a cattle ranch in Montana where he changed sprinkler pipe all summer to keep their alfalfa fields green.  He doesn't see any beauty or use in brown grass.
I have the exact opposite opinion....
Oak trees and the rolling golden hills are the two things I love the most about California.
I love the contrast of the beautiful oak trees against the golden hills.
Anyway, for the table setting,


I wanted to keep it very simple with an earthy french farmhouse feel to it.


I chose to use a red striped grain sack runner.
{I will be adding more of these to my shop very soon}
I use red all year round, it doesn't matter what season it is, it is one of my favorite accent colors....


For this table setting I used mostly food items for decoration....
The french bread helps add a lot of warmth to the table.


White french bistro chairs....




Pumpkins...
Every fall it is hard for me to not go crazy with the french heirloom pumpkins....
I try to purchase them while shopping with my husband, because he helps keep me under control.


I used my french ironstone compote to display the pumpkin on.


I love how the brownish color of the pumpkin contrasts with the ironstone.


for my shop out of European grain sacks.


These little beverage bags are one of my favorite items my sister makes for the shop.
We also carry these made from a blue striped grain sack.










I added a plate of cheese and bread along with a plate of figs....


The figs help bring a little color to the table...





My daughter put together some bundles of lavender to place at the ends of the table.


I would have liked to use bundles of wheat at the end of the table, but I didn't have any.


Never mind that I forgot to put silverware out....
I  realized after the sun was down, that I didn't even put it out...
Hopefully I can get another one photographed before Thanksgiving...


On another note....
I found this set of vintage french kindergarten chairs for the shop a couple of weeks ago....


I photographed the chairs over the weekend with my favorite french heirloom pumpkins displayed on them....
This particular french heirloom pumpkin is called the 'Rouge Vif d' Etampes.
They are supposed to make great pumpkin pies...
We are going to try and turn this one into a pie...
I will be sure and let you know how the pie turns out...


I also photographed this little sweetie sitting on the french chairs as well.


I forgot I was supposed to be photographing the chair....


Miss Judy is the cutest...


I think these chairs are so cute...
They could be used by a small toddler....


and or would make a great prop...


On a final note....
I had to share a picture I snapped yesterday of my daughter, Nicole, with her dog, Rambo....
Rambo is our great dane and english mastiff crossed puppy we got from our parents this last Christmas.....
I think he grows taller everyday....

I will hopefully be back next week....
I will be going to Remnants of the Past with my kids this Saturday....
I can't wait!
I hope you all enjoy your week!
Take Care,
Maria

P.S. I will share with you a few of the sources to some of the items in my table setting in my next post.



Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét