Thứ Tư, 14 tháng 12, 2011

Homemade Marshmallows, Gift Ideas, and Serving Hot Cocoa during the Holidays



Hello!
I first want to thank all of you who left such kind comments about my daughter's 
Nicole appreciates every comment.
Today I wanted to share a fun recipe and a quick gift giving idea.....
I come from a large family and all of us girls learned how to bake....
A lot of times for Christmas my favorite gift to give is baked goods or homemade candies.
The fun part is finding something fun to put the baked goods in....
I thought I would share a gift idea I have done in the past....


They are both so simple to make.

Nicole made the marshmallows and Bethany made the hot chocolate....


Just a warning on the the marshmallows...
They have to set up for a couple of hours, however it is hard to not eat all the marshmallow cream while it is in the process of setting.
The nice part about making these marshmallows, there is hardly any stirring involved.


Throw in a few peppermint sticks to make your gift more festive....
These are the best peppermint sticks, you can find them at Sur la Table


I thought it would be fun to put a bag of hot chocolate and a bag of marshmallows in an antique french
You can also find new cafe au lait bowls at Anthropologie....





For the hot chocolate my favorite type of chocolate to use is Penzey's Dutch Cocoa.


I found these cute red and white checked food bags at Sur La Table......
That way your food is safe if you are using vintage canisters to put your baked goods in....


(I will be listing these french canisters in my shop today....)


I also wanted to share a fun way to serve hot cocoa during the holidays using a french cheese board.....


I have a bit of an obsession with these antique French cheese boards....
I think they would work great for entertaining purposes.


I put the cookies on a french ironstone platter....
I love to use my antique ironstone on a daily basis, if you would like to read more about caring for your ironstone dishes you can do so by clicking here.....



 I used a red striped grain sack runner on the table....



I tried to make the table seem more festive by adding the peppermint sticks and the red and white ribbon......


I hope you get a chance to try the homemade marshmallows.....
You can find the recipe for the marshmallows here....
You can find the recipe for the homemade cocoa here....


If you don't want to use vintage tins for your homemade gifts,
my other favorite option is to use Martha Stewart's boxes from Michaels...
They also have a great selection of ribbon to choose from.
What is your favorite thing to put your baked goods in when giving them as gifts?

Take Care,
Maria


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét